Monday, May 11, 2015

Free Teacher Accounts with Animoto



Have you tried Animoto?  It's a great website for creating videos.  I signed up for a free two-week trial, and while getting that set up, I saw something that said teachers can apply for a free classroom account.  Hmmm?  Free you say? Sign me up!

It was so easy to sign up for a free trial and then apply for a free teacher/education account.  I was approved instantly.  And using the website is SO EASY.  You just upload your pictures, and then you get to pick your background style, your music, how fast the pictures change, the order of the pictures, and to which pictures you add captions.  Rearranging pictures is easy, too.  You just drag and drop them where you want them.  After producing your video, you can choose to upload it to youtube, facebook, email a link, etc.  I'd really love to show you how it turned out, but it shows my students' faces. You can see what a finished video looks like by watching the video I whipped up with pictures of my dogs... just to share with you!

Click HERE to see my silly puppies (the original Top Dogs).


I used the same background and music as I used for my class this year.  So cute!  I'll be humming this tune for the next few days.  It took me only 12 minutes to make this video of the dogs, and that's because I added captions. Just imagine the end-of-year video you could put together to share with your students' families.  Ahhh, memories!

Go check out the animoto website and get started.  I'm so excited that my free teacher membership is good for one year.  You should get one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Catherine